Find a Pro in Great Bend, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to book.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so essential is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Great Bend
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Great Bend, KS
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance professionals in Great Bend, KS. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.