Find a Pro in Highland, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Generally, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Highland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Highland, KS
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Highland, KS. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the best candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.