Find a Pro in Hugoton, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a great time for a replacement, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such an essential part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Hugoton
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Hugoton, KS
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Hugoton, KS, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient solution to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.