Find a Pro in Kensington, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in Kensington, Kansas. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the job. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Kensington
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Kensington, Kansas
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Kensington, Kansas. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.