Find a Pro in Lancaster, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what time of year it is, you can contact a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Lancaster
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lancaster, Kansas
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Lancaster, Kansas. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of licensed roofing companies.
Do you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.