Find a Pro in Lawrence, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Lawrence
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Lawrence, Kansas
When you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor in Lawrence, Kansas, then our platform is the answer. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free solution to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our platform.