Find a Pro in Lyons, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // Lyons
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lyons, Kansas
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Lyons, Kansas. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by providing you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can count on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.