Find a Pro in New Century, Kansas
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential spaces and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a great time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time for services.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and slightly uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kansas // New Century
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near New Century, Kansas
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in New Century, Kansas. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.