Find a Pro in Artemus, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Artemus, Kentucky. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really stall the project. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Artemus
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Artemus, Kentucky
You can rely on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Artemus, Kentucky. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to assist. With our powerful app, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Artemus, Kentucky. Find the right contractor for your house now.