Find a Pro in Beattyville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Beattyville, Kentucky. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Beattyville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Beattyville, Kentucky
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Beattyville, Kentucky. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular repair services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed roofers ready to help. With our powerful platform, you can find quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Beattyville, Kentucky. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.