Find a Pro in Bloomfield, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Bloomfield, KY. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Bloomfield
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bloomfield, KY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Bloomfield, KY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing companies you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find someone who takes the effort to make sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.