Find a Pro in Corinth, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Corinth
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Corinth, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Corinth, KY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.