Find a Pro in Drakesboro, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Drakesboro, KY. Storms will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Drakesboro
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Drakesboro, KY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Drakesboro, KY, there's no better way to go about it. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious issue and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.