Find a Pro in Eminence, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire property. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a roof in good condition shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Eminence
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Eminence, Kentucky
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Eminence, Kentucky. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing repair and roofing replacement companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to hire the right companies for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.