Find a Pro in Erlanger, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Erlanger, Kentucky. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Erlanger
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Erlanger, Kentucky
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Erlanger, Kentucky. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.