Find a Pro in Fountain Run, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your house. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Fountain Run
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services near Fountain Run, KY
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Fountain Run, KY. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should put up with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Fountain Run, KY. Find the right contractor for your house today.