Find a Pro in Frankfort, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather report in Frankfort, KY. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Frankfort
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Frankfort, KY
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Frankfort, KY. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best professional for your project.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may notice certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our app.