Find a Pro in Grayson, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Grayson
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Grayson, KY
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Grayson, KY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors ready to help. With our user-friendly app, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Grayson, KY. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.