Find a Pro in Harrodsburg, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Harrodsburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Harrodsburg, KY
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Harrodsburg, KY, there's no easier way to go about it. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How do you know it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical problem and needs to be attended to. An established roof repair company can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.