Find a Pro in Hodgenville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Hodgenville, KY. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If bad weather is expected to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good idea to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Hodgenville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Hodgenville, KY
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Hodgenville, KY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
Our platform also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other things to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our app.