Find a Pro in Kevil, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a contractor. This is why winter could be an easier time for services.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an essential component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Kevil
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services near Kevil, Kentucky
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Kevil, Kentucky, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.