Find a Pro in Lancaster, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers security for the rest of your home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is content with an energy efficient property. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather report in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Lancaster
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Lancaster, Kentucky
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Lancaster, Kentucky. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the best professional for the job.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and prevent water penetration. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient solution to hire the best companies for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.