Find a Pro in Mount Olivet, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so essential is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Mount Olivet
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Mount Olivet, KY
If you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Mount Olivet, KY, then our platform is the answer. The roofing professionals you'll discover on Thumbtack have the knowledge and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get total satisfaction on your roofing maintenance.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is made easier with our platform.