Find a Pro in Mount Vernon, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Mount Vernon, KY. Storms will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Mount Vernon
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Mount Vernon, KY
You can depend on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Mount Vernon, KY. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best professional for your project.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just requesting a estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.