Find a Pro in Newport, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so fundamental for you is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a home buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a fantastic job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can also get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Newport
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Newport, KY
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newport, KY. Our streamlined site gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the vetting process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company on the app and find the best candidate for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the finest roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Newport, KY. Find the right contractor for your house right away.