Find a Pro in Philpot, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Philpot, Kentucky. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common amongst residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Philpot
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Philpot, Kentucky
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing maintenance contractors in Philpot, Kentucky. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of vetted roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.