Find a Pro in Ravenna, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Ravenna
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Services in Ravenna, KY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Ravenna, KY, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance companies through Thumbtack.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a licensed, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors ready to assist. With our user-friendly platform, you can find the finest roofing maintenance services in Ravenna, KY. Find the right contractor for your home today.