Find a Pro in Shelbiana, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get in touch with a contractor for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. Even though the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a strong, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house delights anyone. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Shelbiana
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Shelbiana, KY
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Shelbiana, KY. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
Our platform also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance company, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.