Find a Pro in Simpsonville, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // Simpsonville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Services in Simpsonville, KY
If you need roofing maintenance services in Simpsonville, KY, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on our site have the qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our platform.