Find a Pro in West Point, Kentucky
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Kentucky // West Point
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in West Point, Kentucky
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in West Point, Kentucky. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, then it's just getting your estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.