Find a Pro in Athens, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential spaces and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for services.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire property. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Because it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient property. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Athens
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Athens, Louisiana
If you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Athens, Louisiana, there's no better way to find them. The roofing companies featured on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water get to the sealed joints. Contact a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Athens, Louisiana. Find the perfect contractor for your property right away.