Find a Pro in Baker, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a quality roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could experience leaks in your home, and this can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your property value. Since it’s such an important part of your home, a roof in good condition illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Baker, Louisiana. Storms will put a damper on work and this can really stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a good choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Baker
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Baker, Louisiana
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services easy in Baker, Louisiana. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for the job.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.