Find a Pro in Elm Grove, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If your roof is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
Despite what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a contractor.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a strong, steady roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Elm Grove
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Elm Grove, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Elm Grove, Louisiana. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How do you know when you need a licensed, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to find the best contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.