Find a Pro in French Settlement, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides security for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Since it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in French Settlement, Louisiana. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // French Settlement
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near French Settlement, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in French Settlement, Louisiana. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but here are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our app.