Find a Pro in Holden, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your home. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your home, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Holden, Louisiana. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Holden
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Holden, Louisiana
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Holden, Louisiana. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need professional, roofing maintenance services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to hire the right contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.