Find a Pro in Houma, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Houma, Louisiana. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this can really postpone the job. If a storm is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Houma
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Houma, Louisiana
If you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor in Houma, Louisiana, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on our site have the skills and qualifications you need for the job at hand. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is provided and that you get quality services on your roofing repairs.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can warp or bend over time.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified contractors available to assist. With our streamlined platform, you can get the best roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Houma, Louisiana. Find the right contractor for your property right away.