Find a Pro in Lottie, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to come up with a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Lottie
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Lottie, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Lottie, LA. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the right candidate for your project.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.