Find a Pro in Pelican, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather forecast in Pelican, LA. Storms will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Pelican
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Pelican, LA
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Pelican, LA. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
It's important to have a roof you can rely on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If a patch of them are very discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy option to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier with our app.