Find a Pro in Raceland, Louisiana
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive products. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Louisiana // Raceland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Raceland, LA
You can look to Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Raceland, LA. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a smart decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.