Find a Pro in Aberdeen, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. In the circumstance where you are selling, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, durable roof protecting it.
Finally, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year lifespan. But there is the option to buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential spaces and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Aberdeen
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Aberdeen, Maryland
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Aberdeen, Maryland. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? Aside from leakage or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and degrading shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can get the finest roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Aberdeen, Maryland. Find the right contractor for your house now.