Find a Pro in Brentwood, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors involved. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential spaces and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Brentwood
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Brentwood, Maryland
If you need to hire a roofing replacement or roofing repair company in Brentwood, Maryland, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors featured on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roofing maintenance.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best contractors for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.