Find a Pro in Charlestown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for the rest of your property. It blocks out severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in poor condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can cause other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Because it’s such an important component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes to replace a roof really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The typical roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Charlestown, Maryland. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The roofing material that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being the affordable option. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Charlestown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Charlestown, Maryland
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance professionals in Charlestown, Maryland. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine appointments can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to extend the life of your roof. How can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.