Find a Pro in Clarksburg, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential homes and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Commonly, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Clarksburg
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Clarksburg, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Clarksburg, MD. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other things to consider about your roof:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical issue and requires attention at once. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the right professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our app.