Find a Pro in DHS, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get a roof replacement. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be difficult to book time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacement services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it provides security for your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire home. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can lead to other problems.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Because it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a home buyer would be enthusiastic about your home if it has a solid, stable roof over it.
Finally, everyone is content with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // DHS
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in DHS, Maryland
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in DHS, Maryland. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the right professional for your project.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing contractors.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. How do you know when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you notice a few of them are discolored, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.