Find a Pro in Flintstone, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, but there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any home.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get routine inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Flintstone
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Flintstone, MD
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you hire roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Flintstone, MD. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.