Find a Pro in Great Mills, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in your area. Bad weather will put a stop to work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more pricier materials. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Great Mills
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Great Mills, MD
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Great Mills, MD, then our platform is the answer. The roofing contractors you'll discover on our site have the qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a hassle-free solution to find the right professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined with our platform.