Find a Pro in Gwynn Oak, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Gwynn Oak, Maryland. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement contractor will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most budget friendly is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require some attention more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Gwynn Oak
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Gwynn Oak, Maryland
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Gwynn Oak, Maryland. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and find the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is always required to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair company, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if they need to be replaced. If you notice some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
Find someone who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.