Find a Pro in Jarrettsville, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for a roof replacement. Since it is a common time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting later in the year could be an easier time to book.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with high heat.
Spring is also not a bad time for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your home, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof is in bad condition, your home could develop some leaks, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such an essential part of your home, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a reliable property. If you were to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Jarrettsville
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Jarrettsville, Maryland
You can count on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Jarrettsville, Maryland. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, so you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We facilitate the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for your project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.