Find a Pro in Oakland, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are durable and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more expensive products. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal choice for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not a good sign, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can get your roof replaced. However, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. But because it is a good time for a replacement, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This means that winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a stable roof is because it provides security for your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that offers protection for the rest of your house. It blocks out harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a roof in good condition demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills aren't expensive and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Oakland
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Oakland, MD
Thumbtack is the perfect home management site that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Oakland, MD. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is needed so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the lifespan of your roof. So, how do you know it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a critical problem and needs immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
It's unnecessary to put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our user-friendly platform, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Oakland, MD. Find the right contractor for your property now.