Find a Pro in Oldtown, Maryland
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it provides security for your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire property. It blocks out wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could experience leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a well-maintained roof demonstrates a great deal of stability. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be thrilled about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really postpone the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement professional will be able to estimate the hours for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get routine inspections in order to figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a protective barrier for your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
Top 10 Professionals nearHome // Maryland // Oldtown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Oldtown, MD
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance company in Oldtown, MD, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re looking for. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is implemented and that you get complete satisfaction on your roof replacement.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing maintenance company, but listed below are some other things to take into account:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our powerful app, you can get the finest roofing maintenance services in Oldtown, MD. Find the right contractor for your home today.